Monday, February 20, 2012

Bizarre Japanese Foods-Ⅱ

Following the last time, this time also I want to introduce one of JAPANESE BIZARRE FOODS that are whether you may know or not.

I might not introduce own myself though,

I like or even love to challenge new foods even look weird but not gross.

If I love the food at once, I try to add with many kinds of taste in the food for which eating way is the most suitable for the food.

I like to challenge or make experiment with foods.

Today's food which I will introduce is also one of my challenge food. When I saw it first time, my mother  was eating with great relish but it's looked gross. But my curiosity was leaping and I decided to try the weird food.

The taste was......

FABULOUS!!!!:D

Immediately, the food became my favorite♥

From that time, when I go to Izakaya( Japanese restaurant), I must be ordered this food.



This is....

SHIRAKO!!!

Do you know what is this made? 
This is FISH SPERM.

"Shirako is the male genitalia of fish, a sack that contains its seminal fluid. A popular dish at most izakaya (Japanese pubs) and sushi bars. A few years back I had my own encounter with fish ejaculate that didn’t end too well."

From 10 Weird Japanese Foods, http://www.loneleeplanet.com/2010/02/10-weird-japanese-foods/

Looks goss right?
However, the taste is ..... wonderful! marvelous! fabulous! gorgeous! excellent!!!

I do recomend you if you have never tried. The taste is creamy but not oily and has deeply taste.
If you want to try, you can just go Izakaya and order Shirako!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment