Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bizarre Japanese Foods


I know almost Japanese foods( not fusion) are popular and amazed us with using fresh materials and really delicate technics in whole world.

But there are also some Japanese foods that can't accept from foreign people.


The Looking, Material, Smell.......

Actually, our country food is our mother foods so when I think about Japanese Bizarre foods, I did't know this is usual or unusual foods for foreign people.



Then I got one is____

Do you know what is....the weird orange.... food?!?!?!

The name is "Shiokara"

"Made from salted and fermented fish guts, usually from squid, shiokara has a seriously intense flavor and smell."

from "Weirdest Japanese Foods"

Yes, it is...lol

This has strongly smell and salty flavor.

Usually we eat at Izakaya, Japanese fashion restaurant, with Sake or Sho-tyu and it's said getting older, you are going to love "Shiokara" with hot sake.

When I was in Japan, I did not eat often and care about Shiokara when I see the menu at Izakaya though almost Izakaya has Shiokara as snack with drinking. Since I came in SF, I've never think about Shiokara though I don't think many people in SF know this food the materials.

By the way, my hometown is Hokkaido, north island of Japan, so seafoods are very popular and Shiokara as well. If u want to try Shiokara, I am not very recommend you to eat in SF. Because usually the taste( how much salty) depends on the restaurant. It means most of place has originality taste. I hope when you eat Shiokara first time, u would eat at authentic Japanese restaurant or greatest seafoods restaurant in Hokkaido!!!:)




No comments:

Post a Comment